Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

6.06.2008

Wow!

Wednesday - 6/3/08

Another excellent day. It is so good to see that people that I saw regularly are returning and that new people are also patronizing the "Lounge" during the day. I'm so happy for "Mr. E" that the days are getting better for him. He is really trying to succeed and all of you are the reason.

I know it still looks barren in there but give it time and the green walls will be gone forever. I think he wants to get it right the first time so he's not rushing into the painting right away. The A/C works great though which is so important to a bar. Nobody wants to sit in a hot, humid bar and drink. Last summer was hell for everyone. Fans don't do anything but blow the dust around. Thankfully, this year you will all be comfortable and cool. "Happy Hour" will be a pleasure.

So, on this day I was surprised to see that along with the regulars were some faces that I thought I'd never see again (thanks to Jack). There was the lady who works at the high school (2 glasses of wine for her plus I made her eat some crackers so she wouldn't get sloshed), Janet from another planet (she did Saturdays for a while) and her friend came in for a few beers. Janet is a new grandmother now, still fun but knows her limit now, Jack and GG, an older couple that I know from another establishment (he likes to take pictures of women, purely innocent (I don't know but his wife assures me that they are not going on the Internet, he's not superimposing and that he just takes them for his private collection[still gross if you think about it], you'll know him when you see his waxed mustache (Yosemite Sam). GG, his wife, is a doll. Such a sweet old lady, you'll love her. They will be back during "Happy Hour", it's their kind of place and they are very comfortable with everyone. Then there is Bruce who hasn't been back for about 6 months due to Jack's mouth, but heard about the sale and returned. (He got 600 pts. on the machine, I've never seen it go up that high!)

There were two others that I didn't know and don't want to. But the biggest shock of all....Nellie and Victor. I never thought they would ever return after all the badmouthing, and there they were.

I have to mention one last person who has been in before, during and after. Louis, you rock. Thank you.

Thank you to everyone. It's so nice to have you all visit together. So, you see, old times can become new times and good times can become better times.

Most of all, much thanks to "Mr. E" for keeping us all happy and together, keeping the bar well stocked and just being a great boss and owner.

"I love this bar"

RRRRRRR

3 comments:

Reuben James said...

So glad things are looking up and that your happy. I told you in another comment that things would show themselves for what they are. At the risk of sounding like Malcolm X, "the Chickens are coming home to roost."

Anonymous said...

Amen to that my friend. I love chickens.

RRRRRRRR

Anonymous said...

Malcolm X said that? I need to do more reading about him because that sounds like something that some big cartoon rooster would say. (No offense to Mr. X of course, my sarcasm is showing)