Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

6.09.2008

Mississippi Hell Hot!...But Not In "The Lounge"

Monday - 6/9/08

I never would have guessed that anyone would want to come out and drink on such a hot day (felt like 105 degrees outside and that was at 10:00 a.m.). I was thinking my day could have gone either way, really dead or really busy. It was really busy.

With the A/C repaired and cranking out cold, refreshing air, the bar was very comfortable. I remember last year....sweating my ass off with only a fan for air circulation and it pissed me off. "Mr. E's" dad fixed the A/C in April and it didn't take too much time or effort for him. The old ogre just refused to spend a cent to repair it, tried to do it himself and almost burned the building down. Meanwhile, the employees were sweaty and the patrons were too. People walked in and walked right out again. Who wants to stay in a sweltering bar and drink?

GUESS WHAT? NO MORE SWEATY BARTENDERS OR CUSTOMERS!! Thank you, "Mr. E".

Today, everyone who came in stayed for the duration of the day shift and into the night shift. It was like heaven. I didn't want to leave either. Just the thought of getting into my car (the A/C needs some freon) was making me want to stay in the cool and comfortable bar.

This year, when it's a million degrees outside and you want to go to the "Lounge" to unwind after a hard day, don't worry, the air will be on for your comfort, the beer will be iced cold and we will all be happy.

I would also like to thank whoever created air conditioning, they must have been a genious who hated the heat and humidity, just like the rest of us. It's days like today that make me want to move to Alaska or Siberia.

RRRRRRR

P.S. The empty tap has been filled with a lager. It's sort of light in color and doesn't taste bad either. I'll let you know what it is in my next post, or better yet, just come in and see for yourselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did anybody fix the CO2 tank? Tap beer has been flat lately.

Anonymous said...

The CO2 tank has been replaced and the taps are working fine. Let's hope there's a backup tank downstairs. Lesson learned? We'll see...