Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

6.05.2008

It's Alive...

Monday - 6/1/08

I recently mentioned that I didn't like Mondays. I'd like to take it back.

This past Monday was so much fun. So many regulars came in at the same time that it felt like the old days (or the end of March, middle of April 2008). There were also some new people, too.

I know I shouldn't mention real names but the pseudonym thing is confusing. Of course my first customer was Old Man Charlie. I think he is my good luck charm. Then, not in order, there was Uncle Jim, Limpin Pimpin (who came by motorcycle, walked in with his helmet still on {what is with that?} had one glass [yes, I did say one glass] of Sam Adams (new on tap) and got so messed up that he had to go home (G-d forgive me, I let him get on that bike and ride away...he made it home in one piece, thankfully), Richard (the suit), Wally and his bird (he said he raised this bird from an egg) who was very pretty (I hate birds, they make me nervous, maybe because my parents named me after one? Or maybe it's because growing up there was a Blue jay nest near my front door and this prick of a bird would always attack me when I came in or went out). I found out today (Thursday) that Wally came in on Tuesday asking if any had seen his bird. I guess it flew away which is sad to me, but that's what you get when you get drunk with pets on your shoulder.

Chucky was also in attendance, Norm, now known as "Smutley" was there, Gino showed up too.

The biggest surprise was when Shirley and John came in. This was actually in the middle of the day, maybe right after Uncle Jim but I left it until now for a reason. First of all, it was John's birthday. Of course I gave him his birthday smack in the head. He deserved it.

I'll say this for my friend Shirley: She is the "Belle of the Ball". For all of her faults and f-ups, she is so much fun to have around. She just attracts people. I should pay her to sit at the bar everyday because whenever she comes to see me other people seem to show up. Go figure.

Anyway, she bought a few rounds for the bar, very generous I must say. I know, but I can't help it, I'm over all the petty crap and she's still my home girl. I can't hold a grudge over statements made in the heat of the moment. I said bad stuff too (I did apologize for them) but you all know what I'm made of. Forgiveness is like freedom to me. You only live once and people say things about others that they regret (even if they don't admit it). Now that she sees that burning bridges gets you nowhere maybe she'll learn to think better thoughts when it comes to other people and their feelings (not to mention their livelihood). It's all good, we're moving past that now.

Anyway, I got to spend an extra hour with everyone. The night bartender who was covering for Stephanie (I think her name is Nicole) was late and there was miscommunication between them about who was going to tell me so I didn't know until she got there. No biggie, I had a great time with everyone, I love it when it's busy and all the stools are taken. I'm hoping for more days like that.

Like I said before - Samuel Adams is now on tap along with Yuengling (spelled it wrong), Guinness, Bud, Rolling Rock but there is one empty tap left. Any suggestions?? Let your voices be heard.

RRRRRRRR

No comments: