Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

10.18.2007

Puking, Sucking, and Drinking








Went by last night. Apparently Wednesday is no longer lesbian night. Again, I didn't get the memo.

Shelley was tending, the pool team was home, and there was a pretty good crowd, for 1762 anyway. Drank a couple of pints of Brooklyn Oktoberfest. Shelley said it was supposed to taste like pumpkin. I didn't get that. More like winter spices, nutmeg and such.
Chatted it up with RJ, Timmy, Hector, Nellie. Filsy popped in, bearing White Castle
cheeseburgers. I know those "murder burgers", "belly bombers", etc. can have some undesirable after effects. I never saw those effects occur so quickly and uncontrollably as last night. ERL ate ONE burger. As soon as he swallowed the last bite, he puked without warning right at the bar. Thankfully, he was able to run out the front door for the bulk of the spewing.

I got to see Limpin' Pimp. He looks bad. His limp is worse. He was covered in scrapes and abrasions. His lips were even burned. From hot soup. So he claims.

I've seen lips burned like that. And it doesn't happen from eating soup. In a past lifetime, when I had regular dealings with drug dealers and addicts, I saw lips that had been similarly burned. Crackheads would burn their lips sucking the glass dick.
Cheaper than heroin I guess.

The Other Owner, who plays on the pool team, was there as well. Nice guy, very knowledgeable about beer. It is his business. In an act of generosity, he bought me a Gouden Carolus. This is a Belgian beer that is well-reviewed. You may want to treat yourself to one the next time you stop in. Just be warned, it isn't cheap. But damn, it was good.

1 comment:

Reuben James said...

I didn't know that ERL tossed his cookies that night. So much for carcuss burgers.