Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

10.05.2007

A Polyglot at The Horse


“But Sir, the prescription for your pain medication ran out about 2 days ago. We’ll have to call your Doctor and get permission…”. “We can give you three days of medication until your Dr. gives the O.K.” She was a young pretty pharmacist who had the kindness to give me some Kleenex to wipe the tears from my face. I didn’t know the tears were there. I just knew pain and it was getting to me.

I went back home and crashed for a while. I got up after a few hours with less pain and decided to celebrate. I went to a place called “The Horse” near the Southern State off Grand Avenue. I’d been there before. I didn’t want go to the ancient dive. I had my reasons. One of those reasons goes back to grade school. So I let the car take me to “The Horse”.

It’s a superclean, easy going, neighborhood bar. I know a few of the regulars and some of the old timers. The real reason I came there was “G”, sure enough she was holding court at the bar. Let me tell you a little something about “G”. The acronym ‘MILF’ (If you don’t know what it means ‘google’ it) doesn’t begin to describe what most guys really feel like doing when they see her.

Though she’s in her 40’s she’s is jaw dropping gorgeous. Mesmerizing, seductive and sultry is just the tip of the iceberg with this woman. Like most people she’s had some bumps in life. Her body is 21 years old, nicely proportioned and nicely toned. Her stomach is flat, which hides the truth of having given birth three times.

But what snatches you is the magnetism of her truly sorceress type European features. She’s a cross between a young Sophia Loren, a hot Raquel Welsh, and Gina Lolobrigida (who earned the nickname “The Worlds Most Beautiful Woman in the mid 50’s). Though some light lines in her face betray her young body, her eyes have a slow burning that lures men like a moth to light.

If I never met this ensnaring arch-diva, I would swear she was just another Long Island woman who managed to keep her youth. But she puts on her Long Island accent like she does her tight fitting tank top. I knew her when she could not hide her Italian accent, I knew her when she was just a shy little girl. Yeah, I went to grade school with her and caught up to her after nearly 30 years.

“RJ, How ya doin’”, ‘really good right now’ I half whispered. She flashed her Hollywood smile and gently pulled up her tight jeans, causing her firm round chest to jiggle – cleavage exposed provocatively. “G” asked, “Watcha drinkin’”, ‘Guiness’. I noticed when she was behind the bar, not one man at the bar took his eyes off of her. Old guys, young guys, it didn’t matter. Eyes were glued to “G”’s ass. She could melt asphalt if she stood on it long enough.

“The Horse” Dart team was in the bar and they kicked ass. They celebrated and they hung out, every guy in the place was bidding for her total attention,… she gave a little attention. I wonder how “G” got here, that is, working behind a bar. She’s a highly educated, thoroughly brilliant woman. Not just book smart, but street smart. “G” is a ‘polyglot’, she speaks five languages, German, French, Spanish, Italian and English. She can translate in all of them.

She should be working at the U.N., but she is here, at “The Horse”. The short story is she married into a traditional Italian family (that is, scrupulously mobbed up). She had kids, raised them and divorced. “G” said she is making it and doing alright. “Life happens and then you get what you get” said “G”. We talked a little about the possibility of a class reunion.

But what she talked about was her former beau, she wanted to know where he was. That man is no one else but my long time schoolmate, The Met Fan. I constantly tell M.F. (‘M.F.’ meaning ‘Met Fan’) that “G” wants to see him, I mean really bad. I asked him, ‘when you gonna see her’? His reply, “No time soon”. I asked M.F. ‘why’? M.F. looked at me like I was a Nazi Interrogator “and said, “I don’t wanna talk about it”.

I told this to “G”, her eyes half squinted as she grinned, “he’s scared”, the grin faded from her face and she gave me a disappointed look. “G” said, “We’re not in grade school anymore, or junior high even…we’re here and its now!” I said, ‘I don’t know why M.F. won’t call or see you, he’s always been straight up, the high school super jock, All-American…’ “G” broke in and said, “that was then, who knows what happened to his balls in 30 years.” Now she looked totally wicked.

I didn’t have an answer as she glided up and down the bar, running it without hitch or glitch. I then realized how incredibly confident and self assured “G” was. The light lines in her face was from a life that made her tough, I knew this from an earlier conversation we had.

I knew “G” paid dues but she never let anything get her down. She’s the kind of woman who could subjugate a man. (Assumption: Is this what M.F. is scared of?) I wish I was M.F. Any man would be somewhat intimidated by “G”. Some men may fear getting used and/or ruined by a woman who could seduce anything that is minimally conscious. Maybe M.F. fears being ‘used’. I don’t know. But I wish I was him.

If I were M.F., I would tell “G”, in the words of Bill Withers “You just keep on using me until you use me up……Until you use me up”

Later….

Love.

R.J.

3 comments:

SD said...

Juicy one RJ!

Can't wait to hear MF's take on this!

SD said...

Oh, and BTW, love the polyglots on the ladies in your pics!

Reuben James said...

Thanks SD, "The so called" fictional inspiration makes those picts look weak. M.F. will cop to most of this, make an inquiry.