Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

10.04.2007

Lesbian Night

lesbians, scissoringI was supposed to stop in for 2 and only 2 beers last night.

About 7 beers later I decided that I had enough.


It was lesbian night at 1762. I didn't get the memo. Its not like I mind or anything. And I am certainly not a hater. As a matter of fact I am very fond of Zu who likes the chocha as much as I do. Still, if I had known, I would have probably just stayed home. I don't know if that crowd resents having straights coming in on gay night. I think I will discuss the proper etiquette with Zu the next time I see her.


Shelley was tending. She hasn't had a shot in 2 days. In our world that's a major accomplishment. She seemed a little stiff early on, but did loosen up after a glass or three of Pinot.


Ellie was hanging out, without Hector, who is working nights. The Met Fan was feeling no pain, in spite of his teams late season meltdown.


I have to say that we had a freaking excellent time. We were singing, dancing, drinking. The Met Fan surprised all of us with his knowledge of song lyrics and belted out the words to nearly every song the jukebox threw at him.


Ellie danced on her aching knee, which I presume ached a lot less after several helpings of "mas fina cerveza".


I decided to sample a new Belgian brew called Delirium. You can't go wrong with Belgian beer. I never sipped one that I disliked and this one did not disappoint. Terrific full taste to it. As an added bonus, it packs a wallop with its 8.5% alcohol by volume. I'm not really sure what that "by volume" stuff means. My only major criticism was the $8 price tag carried by each bottle, and it is for that reason that only 1 of the 7 that I drank was of this variety. The rest of them were Brooklyn Browns on tap. Could have been a little colder but Shelley did her best with a fresh chilled glass for each one.
The Brooklyn Browns are fairly potent in their own right, weighing in at @ 6% ABV.

The whole vibe to the bar was purely electric. Every song felt great. The company was a blast. We were all lesbians at 1762 last night!

1 comment:

Reuben James said...

Zu can dance very well, she can give any guy a light rise....

But... she chooses to munch carpet.
"que serĂ¡ serĂ¡".