Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

9.12.2007

Civics, Civility and Lust

Sunday afternoon wasn’t bad for hanging out at the corner. The usual suspects showed up and everyone was having some kind of fun. Video games, T.V. talk or self made entertainment, it was a decent afternoon. Perfect afternoon would have involved air conditioning. Most realized that once the “fun” had left, staying was a chore, then left with fun – out the back door.

Brought in my que’s but never shot a game of pool. YaegaLee, ERL, Son R and even the Bikers were shooting, I got preoccupied. Conversation and observation are old habits I can’t shake. I was glad to see Timmy having fun with Zu’ (member-menhaters). They were dancing and laughing, that was really nice to see.

The Met Fan and Chucky were there, sports and politics are good subjects on the lips of knowledgeable folks such as they are. Hector and Ellie were seen in and out (it was hot as hell in there) and everybody was just staying cool. Daria, Zu’ and Candy all came to support the Jets on opening day, they were disappointed.

I knew the Jets would have problems (sign stealing victim is just the beginning). But my attention was quietly drawn to some of the ladies (O.K. “women”) in attendance. Candy and Zu’ were looking quite fine to me. I let them know in polite (not provocative) ways that I appreciated their apparent allure.

If a bar were its own government and the patrons were citizens thereof, each as equal and as different as their backgrounds, I got a civics lesson. The so-called ‘menhaters’ weren’t hating at all. The old crew wasn’t as tight as usual. Everybody was in long enough to drink and out long enough to take a few drags off their cancer sticks. We even shared a meal together (that Chinese food really wasn’t a meal and it made me sick later) thanks to YaegaLee.

I stayed later than I should have. I’m an old son, eligible for AARP in 2009. I was pondering what was whispered in my ear by an ‘alluring’ woman that made me blush (believe me, crows can) and feel foolish at the same time. I won’t bore you with the content of the communication. I will consider it as data for future reference.

Tuesday night I had to stop by Mom’s, afterward I stopped at the corner. Shelly was on duty, Chuckie was in and out, Croc showed up, SD did to. Croc has some time before he goes to Buffalo, he has some job offers with other bars in the area and will take up elsewhere. Croc said in so many words that the owner here “thinks since he owns the stage, that he owns the show”.
To all the bartenders, borrowing a line from the Outlaws, “we’re just the players; you are the show”

I might shoot pool for the bar. I won’t get into why I might not.

Take care all,

Love!!!
RJ

No comments: