Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

5.30.2008

A Slight Pause

If anyone still reads this blog besides the three people that I know of.....my apologies for no new posts this week. I don't know about the other authors but I was a little blocked. Sometimes, and it's usually after I read other entries from more serious writers, I get to feeling that what I'm writing, and what I'm writing about, is so stupid compared to real life issues that I just stop. But I guess it's time to get over it and go on with less severe chatter about what is going on at the "Lounge" this past week.



Actually, nothing spectacular for me on the day shift. Sure, there have been some new faces for me along with my favorite old faces, but the interesting thing about the new ones is the fact that most of these people stopped coming in right after they met the former owner. That's right!! Mr. Personality was not very hospitable to them and some said that when they ordered a drink and their requested liquor was not available, he would tell them to drink something else! If they did return they found that he didn't even restock what they asked for.



Some would take this personally and not come back. I can imagine him standing at the end of the bar, telling people to drink something they didn't want and then glaring at them and/or just being his loud, opinionated, know it all self and making them so uncomfortable in his presence that they would leave the bar and not want to come back. I remember the tense atmosphere he could create. He knew it too. I think he enjoyed the power.



Thankfully the tension is completely gone and a good natured person who wants everyone to be happy is in its place. How refreshing it is to see a business owner really want to please his customers!! It's also a better working environment for the bartenders. No more eggshells, yea!



Anyway, getting back to the "new faces" (actually old patrons who couldn't deal with the old ogre) I am happy to say that after speaking with them that most of them were unaware of the change and will be patronizing "Mr. E's" establishment with pleasure. I was also assured that they will invite their friends to join them. I was also very proud that the "regulars" (you guys rock!) were very welcoming and friendly to them so they will be comfortable returning to the "Lounge" with their buddies.



Just for some suspense I will stop right here. More to come..............maybe tomorrow I'll tell you about the impromptu party that "Mr. E" agreed to host. I helped with the arrangements but didn't attend. I wish I did, I heard it was crazy....it must have been because one of the neighbors came in the next day and..............



Tune in this weekend for more!



RRRRRRR











3 comments:

Reuben James said...

Don't feel that anything you have to say is not 'signifiant' enough, it is. Also much did happen in the week to comment about.

Maybe some blog authors will tread on ice with a semi.

Does anybody know what's happening at "On The Rocks"....

In the words of Prince, "Somebody please, please tell me what the hell is wrong".

Anonymous said...

OOOH!

The suspense is KILLING me!

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,

Someone told me once that sarcasm is just tears wrapped in sandpaper. Sorry for your pain.