Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

5.15.2008

Seating Arrangements

It's funny how a small thing such as getting new chairs for the bar can have a positive effect on people.

On Wednesday, Mr. E's new chairs arrived. About 45 minutes later he had them all assembled and set out at the bar. Out with the old, in with the new. It was nice to see the difference some chairs could make for a business owner and his customers. Just think, someone thought of his patrons comfort. Such a novel idea for a small business owner and such appreciation from his customers! "Old Bossman" could have had it much easier if he would have cared about his patrons. Chairs!! It's so easy!

Anyway, before I over analyze anything, the chairs look great, next is paint and then maybe the floor will be done.....oh, and our greatest wish? The bathrooms. I guess we will have to give Mr. E some time to do these things. But, I have total faith that he will get them done.

The day shift has been mediocre, but that's okay for now. There were a few old/new faces today. Old for "The Beverly Lounge", but new for "1762 Broadway Lounge" (or as I just call it, "Broadway Lounge"). Nice, fun guys just letting off some steam after a day at the track. A little drunk but entertaining enough before becoming obnoxious. And I can't forget the few regulars. Today it was "Old Man Charlie", then the new guys, then "Storm", then "Rebel". After them came "Limpin Pimpin" then "Cho" along with a few during the day who's name's I don't know and whom I've never seen before.

So, all in all, the day wasn't awful. I guess that is what matters, right? That it isn't awful and we are starting to make a little money and get back to our normal routines. I'll wait for things to pick up because I know they will. The night business is doing well and now we have to work on "Happy Hour", so that the day business won't suck and we can hang in our territory for a while longer. I, along with the Monday thing, don't like change. It's part of my nature and I'm sure a part of a lot of peoples nature.

Drink up Johnny!! See you at Broadway.

RRRRRRRR

4 comments:

SD said...

Hey RRRRRR

How about posting a pic of the new stools? May sway some of us to come in if they look comfortable enough ;p

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea! I just got a new camera and as soon as I figure out how to get a picture of the new chairs out of the camera and onto the computer I will certainly accomodate you.

They are actually comfortable. A lot more comfortable than the ripped up old ones with the nails sticking out. Come in anyway, your butt will thank you and so will I.

RRRRRR

Anonymous said...

If I worked at the dive I would be taking pics of the drunks all day and posting them here!

Especially of the cheating husbands.

Anonymous said...

Busting cheating drunks, husbands or wives or anything else of that nature is not what I would be concerned with. It is none of my business. My business is to sell beer and liquor...to anybody that is of age to purchase such goods.

As always, whatever happens at the "Broadway Lounge" stays at the "Broadway Lounge".

Nothing has changed.

Your business is still none of my business and would never be posted on the blog. The reason being it's none of our business.

It's a bar and the bartenders (although without mental health or psychiatric [spell check please] degrees) will try their best to convey the other side of your argument regarding infidelity.

That being said, there will be no pictures being taken of anyone doing anything. Including drinking and cheating....also, if we were going to post anybody's picture we would ask for permission. After all, there has to be a law against posting pictures on line without a waiver.

Just think about how much crap the guys who videotaped the "Girls Gone Wild" tapes have to go through....the "Broadway Lounge" would never stoop to that level. It's just too immoral....even for the former owner that would have been too slanderous (I know, but that's how I feel).

What happens at "The Broadway Lounge" stays at "The Broadway Lounge". Promise....

RRRRRRRR