Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

5.07.2008

Oops!!

First things first: Cho came in today to let us know that his son's operation was a success (thank G-d) and he is doing well. Of course baby's mother is staying at the hospital with him but they will be coming home soon. I cannot imagine the feelings involved regarding their newborn (and first child) having to have surgery. It must have been pure hell for the parents. I am so relieved and happy for them I can't even express it. Best wishes and much love to Cho and his family.

On a much less severe but uncomfortable subject (for myself, that is) Mr. E told me today that he read the blogs. At that precise moment I felt like a real piece of crap, actually if there is anything worse than crap that's how I felt. Of course I had to apologize profusely to him but I also had to say to him, in my defense, that I had actually tried to undo the damage I had done in my insane rantings by writing my apology to him on the blog. He acknowledged this and understood but that made me feel worse. I was wrong to write anything negative about him, at all. I didn't even know him at the time. I am such an ass!! I should have held my tongue during those two weeks that I was still furious at the previous owner/liar. Emotions are tricky and I've learned a valuable lesson regarding that particular situation, taught to me by none other than Mr. E, my new boss (irony is freaky sometimes). What did I learn from him you ask? Well, first of all I learned that you can't blame one person for another persons betrayal. I also learned that you can't take back things you write and post in a public forum. I also can't take back the way he must have felt reading all that garbage I spewed out of anger at someone else.

The real kick in the pants for me was that he totally understood why I needed to relate my stupid feelings to whomever may be reading this blog. I hope he forgives me. Truthfully, Mr. E is a really good person. He listens to what I say to him, takes my advice and is probably the best boss I've ever had in my life (I've had a few but never felt the respect that I feel now). It's refreshing for me to be taken seriously by anyone, but after what I did it's also a relief. He still wants me to work for him. That is a person with forgiveness in his heart. I am certainly not worthy of this but will do my best to help him any way I can. Maybe it will lessen my guilt (doubtful but what else can I do?) in time.

FYI: There will be a new bartender on Tuesdays from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Her name is Ashley (not sure on the spelling) and she is a lovely blond that I know you guys will appreciate and treat with respect (at least til you get to know her, lol). She is nice, friendly and if we have the ingredients, can make any drink you can think of.

Due to the spreading of untrue rumors by former employees (who will not be mentioned by me) regarding the bar, sadly I have not seen a lot of our old customers. The true regulars visit which is wonderful, it's just like old times and we have a lot of laughs. I'd like to thank them again for coming. To those who choose not to come in due to these rumors I'd like to say that I'm sorry they feel this way. Once again, there is no dress code and as always, everyone is welcome. That rumor is simply not being told from both points of view. Unfair. It's not the new owners fault about the way the old owners chose to act and therefore he shouldn't be punished for that. But, if you are going to believe everything you hear from a spiteful, vindictive, self-serving person then that is your choice. It saddens me that the patrons of the former "Corner" wouldn't want to hang out together again and I'll miss you all but this is America and you have the right to drink wherever you want.

I'm glad I went back to work there. I don't care what anyone thinks of me for that. I'm happy there and even happier the old grump isn't there to make everyone uncomfortable. Mr. E is the polar opposite of the old owner.

If anyone that hasn't been in wants to visit they would be welcomed with open arms. There is no loud opinionated know-it-all standing at the end of the bar glaring at us anymore. The tension in the air is gone. It has been replaced. The walls are still a little bare due to red tape the new owner can't wait to paint over that awful green paint. He's already making improvements which the old owner never did because he was too cheap, yet people came in anyway and spent their money, which by the way, went to him(I can't believe I worked a whole summer without A/C).

The rumor spreader reminds me of the old boss in a way.....a bad way. Definitely a hateful and jealous way. Sometimes what goes around comes around....you know, karma and all that.

The last lesson I've learned from all this is to never burn your bridges...you may need to cross them someday.

Love and respect to all (even the rumor spreaders),
RRRRRRRR

2 comments:

Reuben James said...

You have a good heart......

Given the past events, your not to blame for anything. Stop the guilt trip. Time will reveal the truth and heal the wounds.

Good days and sunhine come after the rain. Let it rain.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you win, the guilt trip has officially ended. It's all good from here on.