Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

5.21.2008

Reality

After reading RJ's last post it seems so insignificant and just plain shallow to write about a bar and the silliness that goes on in everyday life. It was very well written, I must say, and if he wrote a book I would definitely read it. Fact or fiction (too real to be fiction) it was deep and meaningful, which is something too real for this forum.

The truth is I hate dealing with the reality of tragedy, feelings and especially death. This is where my people skills end. I never know what to say to someone who has gone through life changing events in their lives. "I'm sorry", is nowhere near enough, doesn't help the person and, I think, just makes them feel worse. Maybe a hug would be better, a silent hug. Maybe they would know how badly you feel for them and what they are going through and what they have to live with. Maybe you wouldn't feel as horrible about how they feel hearing your apology. Who knows?

As soon as I can, I will chatter on about the stupidity of everyday life at the bar.........just not tonight.

RRRRRRRR

1 comment:

Reuben James said...

I really didn't mean to bum anyone out, just to show the 'dark side' of why some people go to bars, sit in a corner and quitely stare at their drink.

Sometimes its not all about chasing tail or getting a date. Thanks for your heartfelt response.