Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

5.12.2008

I Don't Like Mondays.........much

I remembered a song from past years about Mondays. The subject matter was rather disturbing if anyone else recalls. It was about the first, or one of the first school shootings where it seemed a young man brought a gun to school and shot up his class. The reason, also disturbing, was that this kid didn't like Mondays (probably not the true reason for him doing this).

I also don't care for Mondays either.....but they do turn into Tuesdays eventually, right?

This was a fleeting thought (that Mondays eventually end and become Tuesdays not the song subject) while cleaning the bar this morning. It's a dirty job but it keeps me busy and gives me a purpose in life at the moment. Sometimes, cleaning can be metaphorical....almost. Draw your own conclusions about that one, it would be too much thinking to write at the moment, for me anyway.

Just as I finished washing the wainscoting and scrubbing the dirt line around the edges of the floor (just a little something left over from the previous owner, figures, right? He took everything but the dirt, lol), Monday started to look better. Uncle Tim arrived with his smiling face and reassuring attitude. After he drank a couple of beers and we had our usual pleasant chat, I felt a whole lot better. Let's face it, it's been a little slow and I always feel responsible for that. I know it's irrational but I take pride in any job I do so if I'm not selling enough booze for the bar I get weird (or weirder), maybe paranoid and I sort of take it personally.

Uncle Tim is the best person in the world to talk to about anything. So are a lot of the people who come to the bar when I'm working. After a while, more patrons came in. I forgot the pseudonyms so I will just say there was "Storm", "The Fisherman", "Cho", "The Suit" and also "Chucky" with his sidekick Hershey. It was so good to see the regulars coming back home.

The Sunday bartender arrived, a very pretty Latina who we will name, "Effie" . I guess she also works Monday nights although I'm not sure of her schedule. I will find out and post it for everyone ASAP. I liked her (she fits right in and she's really nice) so you probably will too. I've only heard nice things about her from everyone and she's friendly and welcoming to the patrons. We need one more like her to replace a certain pain in the butt and we'll be perfectly staffed!!

So, I guess I'm starting to like Mondays a little more than I used to. Thanks to those who come in on Mondays, of course. It really felt like it's going to be okay from here on.

Thanks for everything (like reading this blog and patronizing the bar after all the drama). I hope to see you all soon.

Ashley works Tuesdays. I'll be there from Wednesday through Friday of course. Stop by, we'd love to see you!!

Later,

RRRRRRRR


No comments: