Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

12.22.2007

Gin and Miss Lily's Kickass Birthday

In a word, WOW!

What great way to kick off the holiday season. First off, gratitude goes out to Shelley, for taking Gin's shift, for keeping us shit-faced, and for doing it all with a smile. Well, at least until 5 AM when she launched our collective ass from the premises.

To Miss Lily: You look great! The baby is cute as heck. And I didn't think it was possible, but you made up for 9 months of sobriety in one rocking night. It had been so long, we had forgotten how you were when you drank. And you were awesome.

To Gin: You rock. You have brought fun and lightheartedness to Friday's at 1762. It was a treat for all of us to celebrate your 29th birthday with you. You have a good friend, who watched us all become drunken fools while she suffered with sobriety and a sore shoulder, all in the name of getting you and your man home safely. Mad props to you Mortgage Lady!

There were a lot of faces at 1762 last night. Some old, some new, some I haven't seen in awhile. The best part is that all of them were smiling. Even if things aren't perfect or going according to plan in "real life", which is what I like to call life outside of 1762, when we come together for an occasion like this, all of that kinda goes away for a little while. We can say that it is the intoxicants, but I say it is more than that. The crowd here, when we mesh, we really mesh. As someone mentioned last night, we are a diverse group. I say it is our diversity that makes our bar better than any other that I have frequented. How can you ever be bored at 1762? Diversity keeps our bar fresh.

So many flashes of images from last nights festivities:

Most Disturbing:The Owner cupping his fuckcake. Peppermint and I gave witness to this. Certainly not for the squeamish

Best Music: Anything not played by the Metal Head young guy. Nice kid, but I found myself wishing for deafness when he fed the Jukebox. At one point, we were all hating the music, and with our collective mental will, one particularly painful Judas Priest song abruptly ended. He cried foul. The rest of us rejoiced.

Best Plan: As I mentioned earlier, Gin and her crew had a responsible designated driver. Nice work youngsters.

Best Fight: While we have all witnessed larger scale battles from these two, Shelley and The Owner got into a customary name calling, spit flying, drink throwing melee that affected all in the immediate area. Personally, i woke up with swimmer's ear this morning.

Least visible hair highlighting and stubbiest fingers: PP, you take the cake here. Let your hair down, girl! And those gloves. You have got to be kidding. Seriously though, why did you have them in your bag? Ladies feel the need to take the strangest stuff with them. Ah, but I digress, fodder for a future post.

All right, enough out of me. When I started this thing back in August, I was hoping that some of you other loudmouths would chime in and contribute in the form of comments and replies. So far, no one but dave and myself have commented on anything (OK, one other person made one comment), but there is no way I could have seen everything that occurred last night. Comments can be anonymous. Please cut me some slack here. I am writing this with a wicked hangover, double vision and everything. I look forward to reading your take on the events of the night. You know who you are. Start WRITING!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all they were socks...not gloves. Yes strange to have them in my bag, however there are more bizarre things that can be commented on - like the ballerina in the liquor bottle that “dances” while preserved from being drowned to death in an upside down cup.

SD said...

Yes, I agree the ballerina in a bottle is freaky. We have to get a pic of her on this page.

PP, I may want to borrow those socks. I like to dress up like the cat in the hat sometimes.

And your highlights looked really SEXY last night. You're hotter than, let's say, Chloe. I can't wait to call you on your birthday ;)

Anonymous said...

no calls ever needed from man on speaker occupying both hands on birthday!!!

SD said...

Maybe on Valentine's Day then?

Anonymous said...

Miss Lily said....
I feel a romance startin here with this back and fourth comment thing. Get a room, would ya!

P.S.
My highlights looked pretty hot too not for nothing.....

SD said...

Stop your stirring the sauce Miss Lily. I am also "off the market!"