Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

12.29.2007

French Onion Soup as an Aphrodisiac

In this post there will be no names, no dates and no times.

During a visit to 1762 I was treated to an earful by a lady patron on the nuances of a hot crock of French Onion soup.

While the following transcript of this dialog may not be 100% accurate (I'm afraid most posts are skewed by a memory short circuited by intoxicants), I am certain of the overall picture to be painted.

SHE (to someone else): He's got a big dick, so its all good.
ME (overhearing): Who?
SHE: This guy. He's taking me out to dinner. And then I'm gonna fuck him.
ME: Nice. Where are you going to dinner?
SHE: (names local steakhouse) and they have the best French Onion Soup. Mmm. All he has to do is buy me that soup and I'll fuck him. Oh yeah, that's right. I'm gonna fuck him.
ME: Wow. Must be some really good soup.
SHE: Oh, you have no idea. (obvious excitement in her countenance at this point)
ME: I like that soup, but you are really getting all worked up over it. What is it about French Onion soup that gets you going? Is it the melted Swiss?
SHE: (almost frantic) THAT'S NOT SWISS! THAT'S NOT SWISS! It's GROO-YEAR! GROO-YEAR!
ME: Sorry. You are very into this soup.
SHE: (again) Oh, you have no idea. You have no idea. (Her hands are a little shaky and I would swear that her body quivered a bit)

With this she gets up and starts out the front door. I wasn't finished with this conversation.

ME (yelling after her): What is it? What is in the French Onion soup that makes you horny. Is it the piece of bread all juicy at the bottom.

SHE (peeking her head in the door for just a second): It's not bread you idiot. It's a baguette.




So, the true essence of the aphrodisiac that is French Onion Soup remains shrouded in mystery. But you can bet that on my next date I know what soup I'll order for her ;P

No comments: