Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

4.07.2008

Sunday Afternoon

It had been a while since I saw Yaega Lee, about three weeks. So I went to the dive to pay a visit and catch up on some time and see what’s going on. I got to the dive and ERL was shooting pool with Biker Bob. Yaega didn’t have that many customers at the time I walked in so we all bought rounds of drinks and shot pool. It was a fun Sunday Afternoon, music was 60’s, 70’s and oldies and everyone was in chill out mode.

I got to fill in Biker Bob on my trip to Tennessee and told him about Bear’s shoulder. Let him know that Bear and Star asked about him and I let him know I told Bear and Star he was doing O.K. ERL was alone, Evie was nowhere to be seen, ERL was as mellow as I have ever seen him. Cho’ came in and relaxed for a while, he is holding his head up real good despite knowing his newborn son will have heart surgery. I told him I would keep him in prayer, we all should.

The Met Fan strolled in and we had a long talk about College basketball while kicking back and doing a few shots. As the womens basketball game started, Rhoda and her man, Crusher came in and the shift change started. Everybody had fun, was having fun and really relaxing…I haven’t been in here when it was really fun in a while. But the night was just falling and others had yet to pass through the dive.

Yaega told me that some people in the dive are getting a little too touchy feely with the bartenders. I told her not to put up with the shit and if things got stupid to do something about it. I asked her if Blues Man knew about this and she shook her head negatively. I let her know she better tell him, before he finds out from someone else or on CNN. Yaega can take care of herself but a woman is a woman and inside the dive some guys just don’t know what the word ‘respect’ means.

Cary passed by, coming from one of his Sunday gigs, with his usual GQ look. He had a few and talked about Kareoke and his new gig at the Kennedy Airport Holiday Inn. He said things were looking good, he said he and Mallory were in the dive Saturday Night and he wanted to show her that some things have changed (they are considering another performance here in the future). Cary drank up and left for home.

When Rhoda got behind the bar and night settled in Yaega and ERL hung out a little while as the regulars flowed in and out Chucky and his buddy came in as usual and had a few. We talked about both Kennedy’s and Dr King and where we were when they were assassinated. Chucky also commented on polygamy, but I’ll save that conversation for later. Everybody was getting nicely rowdy and the place had a good buzz. Then Pimp showed up.

Pimp, his daughter and her boyfriend rolled in for one or two. Pimp was performing his usual civic duty looking for nice American Men to hook up with women who’s immigration status is on the verge of question. He inquired if anyone is interested in a hot ‘triny girl’ who is looking for a man to make her a good American in every way possible. He had pictures. I told him I had my own problems. He left kind of quick, not many single men in dive that night.

We all got a little happier, music was jamming, the playlist was absolutely right. Doc showed up and things got even looser. The bartenders were being playful and full of fun, there might be some photos, those shown have been altered to disguise their appearance. (Like you can’t figure it out?) All in all it was a really nice Sunday Afternoon.
RJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like "trini's." Hook a brother up!

Anonymous said...

Can you believe this was the last posting regarding the dive? Well at least some of you had a good time.