Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

4.19.2008

Refugees from "The Corner"...Listen UP!


Carol Lee, legendary Sunday bartender for over 10 years at the now 'sold for cash' Corner Tavern is now at..........................

GAME ON
GAME ON is located at 317 Rockaway Avenue, Valley Stream, NY 11580
(516) 233-1627‎
Directions:
North, Straight up Rockaway Avenue . If Traveling West on Sunrise/POW-MIA Highway, turn left on Rockaway and park on Roosevelt Avenue.
So all you refugees from the 'Corner' who feel turned out by the sell out, go to GAME ON! I bet you won't feel turned out there. (It would be nice if we all paid Carol Lee a visit to cheer her up) If you can't be there this Sunday, Remember she works every Sunday at GAME ON.
BE THERE!
(See the Post below)
by ...you know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Carollee has a job. I wish we all did but alas we are out in the cold. Good Luck girl!!!

SD said...

Best of luck Carol Lee! I am sure that it is just a matter of time until the rest of the ladies land on their feet in a place where they will get better pay and more respect from the management.

RRRRRRRR said...

Just for the record, it may be just rumor I can't be sure, I've heard that Carol Lee is still doing the tavern on Sundays. If anybody knows different please inform the rest of us. Also being spread around, Rosa is working the corner also.
I would really like to find out the truth so I don't say anything that I can't take back. I'm not blogging to hurt anyone personally(I understand that they need their jobs just as much as the rest of the displaced staff) I'm hurt by two people, if you can call them people. You all know them as The Jackass and the Traitor.
I can't wait to find other work so that I can stop being so bitter. It's not healthy but I have to say that writing about is helping me to get over it (a little). If anyone is reading my rantings, thanks for listening.
RRRRRRR

Anonymous said...

Carol Lee is at Game On on Sundays. She is not working at the Corner. As for anyone else I cant say.