Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

11.03.2008

Occupational Hazzards


This is a post by Ruby

Between me trying to get into the new space, I've not been concentrating on the drama going on at the bar.

A few weeks ago we got robbed. I don't remember writing about it so here it is: Three Hispanic men came into the bar while I was covering for Stephanie for a few hours. During this time, Janet from another planet was there with the Doc and a few others. The 3 men ordered 2 shots of Hennessy. Two were tall, one was short. One of the taller men was very polite to me, the other taller man was chatty.

The shorter man didn't drink anything. Oh, and the polite one had blue eyes. Anyway, in the chaos which was Janet, I didn't see the 3 men at the Poker machine and the last thing on my mind was that they were robbing it. What's done is done, I dropped the ball and got reamed for it. They stole a lot of money, not only from us but from other bars too. That happened around 2-3 weeks ago.

Fast forward to this week: (Monday ? Who remembers when every day is the same?)
Limpin Pimp was talking smack about the Lounge to certain people and Mr. E mentioned it to me. (I'm positive that Pimp was drunk as usual and does not remember saying these business ruining things) but I agreed to confront Pimp first since I know his game and he actually got in my face, demanded to know who said that he said these things (I didn't know at the time) and basically told me (not outloud) or mouthed for me to go f*** myself and to s*** his d***. How rudely polite of him , don't you think?

Needless to say, we haven't seen him since. Oh, well. Maybe since he isn't welcomed at any of the bars around (I forgot to say that he and Shelley just had it out before he came to the Lounge. She told him to shut up and he went nuts so she ousted him from her place and he came to ours), he'll realize the damage he does with his filthy mouth. Probably not due to over drinking and being such a girl that he needs to talk about other people's business.

Fast forward to today: (Wednesday, 10/29/08)
The robbers previously mentioned came back. Mr. E was in, thankfully. When I realized who they were (only 2 came in, the blue eyed one and the short one), I asked Mr. E if he knew them. He said he didn't. When the blue eyed one ordered the shot of Hennessey that was it for me. I told Mr. E to stick around because I knew it was them. The short one noticed the cameras, the blue eyed one was not smiling this time and I'm guessing that the chatty one was in the car.

They both had a sip of the shot, made Mr. E as one of "dos hermanos", then left after realizing that we were on to them. (Funny, blue eyes tipped me a dollar for the six dollar shot he took one sip out of). Stupid. Same drink order, same two men sipping from one shot glass, and the little one looking around and noticing that the cameras were present.

So, you would think that after a few bars being robbed that the police would at least be interested in the shot glass that had my fingerprints and the prints of the larcenists? Or even the security disc that recorded their faces? Not a chance. Mr. E took the old, smelly, year from retirement police officer [still?] (complete with a thick file of, and I'm just guessing, unsolved robbery cases) down to look at the security tapes.

He didn't even take a statement from me and told us that if they came back to tell them that they were not welcome and to kick them out. Duh...how's about a little mace in the face or my favorite, "Mr. Stun Gun". Like I'm going to take another chance (what if I was alone?) and let them stab me for some Joker Poker money.

THE 4TH PRECINCT RULES!! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP. WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT. NOW TAKE YOUR PAY CUT AND LIKE IT. Nobody got killed, but seriously, do something before someone does. (I saved the shot glass carefully (CSI like) and will be giving it to another precinct for printing since the only crime that counts in the 5 towns is homicide) Useless and lazy we can do without. Have a donut and relax guys. We've got it.

During the time that I wasn't giving a statement, my name or anything that would help build a case against these people, I called another bartender who in turn passed on this information to every bar from Inwood to Lynbrook . If security pictures and fingerprints are not enough to interest law enforcement in the area then we'll all go over their heads before one of us gets killed. Or there will be a few messed up thieves laying in the street somewhere.

There is other information regarding a certain person who was seen with these 3. (Hint: A recently hired and fired bartender from a certain establishment which shall remain unnamed, for now).

More drama to follow, I'm sure of it.

No comments: