Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

10.03.2008

Another New Bartender - But for how long....


This is a post by Ruby

(Edited for spelling and grammer)

Directed to the patrons of what was formerly 'the ancient dive'

The new bartender (a young well built black girl we’ll refer to as ‘Foxy’) is lovely on the outside. I have to admit that I was feeling fine by the time I left but I do not need a 23 year old woman/child telling me that I'm drunk.

Considering I left her a clean bar, (covered with dust and construction debris) a stocked bar, a perfect register and a bar full of paying patrons, I'm a little annoyed that "miss thing" thought I was drunk (I was tired-not drunk). She actually served me a glass of water on the advice of her friend, the farmer, sitting next to me. I'm sorry, I know she's younger than me, very attractive but in turn, she's not an attentive bartender.

When other people came in she was not exactly inviting towards them. Most of them being Hispanic even commented to me "en Espanol" that she was a "bandeja or "bitch towards them. But to her white boyfriend she was fine. "Corn Fed" didn't get it at all. He has no idea because he just wants a piece of Foxy’s ass (many other guys and some girls did too).

If I have lived twice as long as someone, have street smarts and generally can read people, I would say that she is cold and thinks she knows what she is doing regardless of the many errors she made. I was just trying to help her so she didn't look like an ass to everyone. Unwilling to take advice from a veteran bartender is the stupidest thing she could do. Some of us know the "Tavern" patrons and are willing to accept new people who come in the door. I don't see that happening with her.

Alienating good people is a sign of arrogance, indifference and ignorance. She is disrespectful and thinks she's better than everyone else. This apparent negativity and attitude could be a big mistake.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sounds hot. WHat day does she work so I can come in, get drunk, check her out, and then stiff her on the tip!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully she is just a "fill-in". Rosa was sick this week so it worked out having a susbstitute.
If she covers again I'll let everyone know. Thanks for the sentiment for stiffing her on the tip. If anyone deserves it, she does.

Anonymous said...

Elvin puts her where he wants her. (Maybe even on her knees) So you'll have to ask him.

Anonymous said...

Hey! My little head makes more sense that some of the big heads making decisions in that place. Besides who knows what some 'knee time will accomplish.

Anonymous said...

Since we're (you're) discussing your little head, it's probably really little. My condolences.
FYI: Knee time is for people who can't do their real job. I guess you win this argument in that case.

Anonymous said...

FYI: This comment might be slanderous to a certain bartender that doesn't work at the "Lounge" anymore, but here it is.

After the joker poker machine was robbed at the "Lounge" and other establishments in the area, I learned from another bartender that this certain bartender went into another establishment in the area and asked for work, citing that she worked at "Backstage" and the "Lounge". She also asked if they had joker poker and the night bartender, not knowing of the previous robberies, showed her where the machines were.
Conincidently, the robbers (2 this time, one waited in the car) came back to the "Lounge" during the last week (ending 10/31/08), ordered the same drink, one shot of Hennessey, paid for it and each had a sip. For $6.00 per shot I would have finished it.
The smaller one noticed the cameras were back on and the poker machine had 2 new bar locks on it.
After asking Mr. E if he knew these guys and him stating he didn't, I was positive that the 6 foot tall, Hispanic blue eyed man and the shorter 5'5" accomplice were the ones who robbed us the first time and I let Mr. E know about it.
The robbers left promptly after seeing the locks and cameras. The police were called, arrived, spoke to both Mr. E and I, saw the DVR tape that recorded their faces and were told that we had the shot glass that both of the robbers touched (plus me). They told Mr. E that if they came back that we should just kick them out. In other words, they could care less about the robbery/robberies and were not going to do a thing about the fingerprints or photos (evidence) that we preserved for them.
Moving on, the previous bartender went back to the bar which she had inquired about work and joker poker machines. Here's the kick in the ass: The tall Hispanic blue eyed man and shorter man were with her, she showed where the machines were and then left her there. After being turned down for work at this certain bar, she waited in the corner of the bar for her ride. Guess who? That's right!! The tall, blue eyed Hispanic man and the short one.
Word on the street is that they have a Master Key to the joker machines.
So, lock up people. Beware of a 23 year old black girl accompanied by or dropped off by 2 - 3 Hispanic men, 2 tall, one short, one of the taller men has blue eyes and orders Hennessey and only takes a sip of it.

So much for the "Inside Job". Beware!! If it doesn't belong there, then it doesn't belong there. In other words, a duck is not always a duck. Sometimes it is a pretty, young thing with bad intentions.