Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

11.26.2007

To Your Health!

Tobacco smoke-filled air is bad for cardiovascular health, and drinking alcohol at the same time only makes it worse, according to researchers at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). There was a 4.7 fold increase in artery lesions when the mice were exposed to smoky air in a laboratory enclosure and fed a liquid diet containing ethanol, the intoxicating ingredient in alcohol.

I read this bit of good news here:
http://mobilize.virtualreach.com/phonifier/index.php?l=1&i=1&u=http://feeds.b5media.com/~r/b5media/AHeartyLife/~3/190426236/

I know a lot of you have an attitude of "I gotta die from something". My thinking is, well, it doesn't have to be tomorrow!

There is a prescription drug available called Chantix. I know several people that were able to put the smokes down within a week or two. And these are people who smoked for 20 years or more.

It is a little pricey, but once you quit, the cost will be more than offset by not spending money on tobacco.

I'm not trying to be preachy here, but when I read that article I immediately thought of the 1762ers and their environs.

Hope you are all enjoying your holiday season.

No comments: