Bar Stories Wanted

Do you have a great bar story that you would like to see featured at 1762 Broadway?

Drop us an EMAIL with the juicy details to get it posted.

8.11.2008

A WORD TO THE "CROWD"

An Open Letter from your Yaegerfrau



The letter below in green was written by Yaega Lee for all of her friends, fans, renegades, regulars, roughnecks, customers, girlfriends, guyfriends and others.

Hey Guys – Yaeger Lee here…Oh, I just can’t describe how I miss you. As many of you know I have years of vivid memories, (some not so vivid) of 1762 Broadway.

From the days of the Beverly Lounge I’ve watched the changing of ownerships, bartenders and additional faithful clientele.

“If only the walls could talk”- that would be a frightening ordeal – ouch! Thank God the walls remain quiet.

July 26 – we had a ‘Cheers’ reunion barbeque. Old barbeques consisted of food galore, horseshoes, kites, skidoos, softball, guitars, etc… 75-100 people total throughout the day and “Kids” of all ages. This year was different:


1) The original date proposed (for the reunion) was forecast to rain the entire day. Though one year we rode a day of on and off rain. Unitedly the make shift shelter appeared. Our character shown through again as ‘True Die Hards.’

I refer to that description, well… because we’ve always enjoyed each others company that much and still do. That’s “1762 Broadway!” 2) There was no food, not even a charcoal briquette. A lot of liquids – yes, ice cold Jaeger too. It was on a Friday, an early evening crowd gathered, many staying, turning it into a very late night. “The Kids” were wonderful at all times, the Jr.’s resembled the Sr.’s so much I caught myself in complete awe.

It was great laughing with parts of our long separated family. Definitely want to do it again! Who knows, maybe we’ll run into each other a few more times before summer ends. I’m sure at one point with food, games, more of “Kids” of all ages and with new little ones. As for those who I haven’t had the chance to have some down time with, don’t worry – we will. Patience.

To those I have (spent down time with) – Thanks. Can’t wait ‘til the next encounter.

Ending here with a traditional “Cheers” Bottoms UP.

Posted for Yaega Lee
(Direct your comments to her...she would love to see you say it in writing)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get others to give you posts like yeagalee's. You know, people who used to all hang there. Do one installment by them a week. Different views and such. I'll even try to brainstorm one.

Star

Anonymous said...

I really miss Yaegerlee, I wish she still worked at the old "Corner". She is a true and down to earth person and I hope she's happy where she is now. Things are very different now, not bad, just not the same. Love ya Yaegerlee.